Wednesday, September 19, 2007

And now I remember why I don't live weights..

Ya' Know I remember being a kid a thinking that it would be really cool to lift weights. I thought that was what it took to be grown up, and thanks to my most recent visit to the new rec center I realized that weight lifting is the best way to avoid having to be a real grown up. Thanks to weight lifting, one is able to maintain the supremacy of being the biggest kid in the playground (and conversely I can be the littlest kid there still), simply by doing the most reps with the biggest weights. Fortunately, I noticed that lifting does have its intellectual merits, and several of the men even were required to take notes to remember how many reps they were at. Like 7. The showmanship behind this activity is truly fascinating, so much that most of the men refused to work out unless another was watching them, and the watcher made sure to make it seem as if he wasn't watching. Thankfully, I do know that if I ever have to go lift wieghts, I must wear a t-shirt until I gain around 1' of height and 35 pounds, after that a wife beater.

No comments: