When we went to observe at the rec. center the first thing I noticed, wasn’t so much the smell or the music, but the glances at us, especially when we all sat down on the floor and pulled out notebooks. A few of the guys moved to the other side of the wall, even though it looked like they had just started exercising on the machine they were at. There were a lot of groups of two or three guys wandering around; sometimes stopping at a machine and one would do some reps before switching with another. The most interesting thing to watch was the guys faces while they were exercising. They either looked at the muscle they were exercising, like they needed to see that it was actually being worked, or they just grimaced, like it was an important part of exercising, it was tough and manly and a requirement to work out because it required intense concentration.
There was more wandering around then actually working out, laughing and joking and fooling around. I could not tell if this is normal behavior, but I tend to think not since every time I looked up from writing something down I could see very quick glances at us. Probably wondering why we were sitting around writing things down in a gym.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment